Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Joy of Christmas



God is so good to us. The sights and sounds of Christmas are so enjoyable. They seem to have their own uniques sense of wonder and joy. An almost indescribable, heartwarming feeling. Last night as I laid my head down an got one last glimpse of our Christmas tree with all the children's gifts tucked neatly around I felt a joy that only comes during this special time of year.

Today I overheard one of the boys saying "This is my best Christmas ever". And I thought how lucky I am to hear those few wonderful words. How lucky I am to have little ones to love.

Last night our little Church had a candlelight service - filled with scripture and some of the most beautiful songs I've heard all year.

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. (Luke 2:10-14)

A dear loved one shared this video with me today. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did. Merry Christmas.


No comments: