Saturday, December 15, 2007

The butt splash

I almost landed on my butt this morning. Insisting on walking outdoors in the falling snow on slippery sidewalks was not a wise choice today. "It will do me some good to get out" I thought as I laced up my walking shoes and put on four layers of shirts. It took almost as long to dress for the cols as my brief walk lasted.

Oh, sure, the cold air on my freezing cheeks felt exhilarating at first. But on the cold slippery sidewalks I kept slipping around like i was walking on an ice rink. Getting any sort of speed was both a challenge and potentially dangerous. It didn't take long to realize the outdoor walk today was something of a waste. Then as I slipped and lost my balance for the fourteenth time - almost landing on my butt - it finally hit me.

Go home and hit the treadclimber. Burn some real calories. Get a decent workout instead of this frozen ill fated attempt at getting any level of cardio in the great outdoors today. Even in the cold of winter it is possible to eat healthy, exercise and lose weight fast!


No comments: