Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Christmas bounty



I'm a cheat. A weakling. No self control whatsoever. That can of Dad's peanut brittle was sitting there tempting me all afternoon. Upon my arrival at the folk's house I quickly dispensed with the usual greetings and pleasantries. "Yeah, so where is the peanut brittle?" I asked Mom - interrupting her Merry Christmas greeting. Christmas kindness could wait - I was on a mission.


Well, wouldn't you know it? Before even reaching that most highly sought after of Christmas goodies I encountered along the way some of my sister's delicious little chocolate balls. In the house two minutes and I've already consumed several hundred calories in chocolate balls. Then I found it - neatly tucked away in the middle of the table. Dad's golden brown peanut brittle. A sugary delight without peer on this magical day. Forget the eggnog. And the Christmas cookies. Mom's Christmas fudge can wait. I was in heaven - or as close as I'll probably ever be. I was savoring a piece of Dad's famous annual Christmas candy.


So now its back to reality, Eating Healthy and setting my sights on next year's goals. Time to get with it. Time to exercise and lose weight fast Here is a cool video I found from one of our favorite nutrition experts - Natalie - on eating healthy. Hope your Christmas was Merry and your New Year will be Happy!



No comments: