Thursday, December 13, 2007

Dreams do come true

As I sat there in my two room dump eating my favorite brand of potato chips and girl scout cookies I started reading the book. A guy at work - who was always in much better shape than I had ever enjoyed had suggested this book. I don't even remember the name of it - or the author.

I didn't take long before I realized those favorite treats of mine would have to go. Or at least drop way down in my own food chain. I was taking a night class at the local university that semester - trying to escape from the painful realities everyone experiences in their first divorce. Or so I imagine. The college had a great big health facility which was open to all students.

I soon became a daily visitor to that great big building. Their tiny little weight room was not very busy - I hardly ever had to wait. And if I did i could hit another station on one of the two big weight machines. I learned a lot that semester - about love, and divorce and lawyers and some really useful lessons about working out. I eventually worked up to jogging three or four miles in that huge gymnasium five days a week and using the weight machines every other day.

And the diet - I discovered many healthy and simple meals that even a novice in the kitchen could easily prepare. Between February and June I lost around 35 pounds and gained a decent upper body. My overall health was probably the best it had aver been. Even after years of smoking.

If I can do it - so can you. Watch this video and help your self to a new start. A new you. You can exercise and lose weight fast. You could start before Christmas and be looking good before summer.

No comments: